The 17th Edition – it is the standard qualification for most sorts of electrical jobs. If you carry out any kind of work of this nature, it is a compulsory qualification.
During the course you are instructed and taught in the classroom. The course finishes with an online examination in the form of a multiple choice online test. The test is based on the content and application of BS 7671 17th Edition.
The ‘open book’ exam consists of 60 questions and lasts two hours. During the exam you are allowed to consult the 17th Edition book.
The 17th Edition course covers the following topics:
– Scope, object and fundamental principles
– Assessment of general characteristics
– Protection for safety
– Selection and installation of equipment
– Inspection and testing
– Special installations or locations
Those successfully passing the course and exam will be able to move on to study further electrical qualifications if desired.
- No prerequisites are required to enroll on the course. It is however strongly recommended that you know the rudiments of electrical science.